Printing to an Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nmonti, Jan 20, 2012.

1. nmonti macrumors member

Hi All,

Having an issue here. I'm running a network at my house that has multiple Macs as well as Windows 7 PC's in it. We have recently acquired a Xerox Workcentre M20i and have hooked it up via USB to an Airport Extreme running the latest firmware.

All of the Macs recognize, can install and can print from the device. The windows computers can see and add the device via bonjor for windows. However, they cannot print to it. Documents will sit in the print queue for upwards of 10 minutes before their status changes to "Error - Printing". Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Download the drivers for the printer and install them.

3. nmonti thread starter macrumors member

That has already been done. I should also note that the printer is hooked up to one of my 3 Airports.

4. nmonti thread starter macrumors member

Issue resolved. Turned out I needed to change the TCP/IP settings in the Windows port options under printer properties. I changed the Hostname or IP Address option from what bonjour assigned to it and made it the IP address of the router. Everything is working swimmingly now.

5. nmonti thread starter macrumors member

Bump. New issue.

So we have three Airport Extremes in my house, all using the same SSID and spread throughout the house. Turns out you can only print wirelessly when you are connected to the router that the printer is directly hooked up to.

Is there any way to bridge all of these together so printing can happen with all three of them?