Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schtibbie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
:-( :-( Just upgraded to Snow Leopard and even got the 10.6.1 update. I have HP Photosmart 7960. I had to uninstall the printer from the System Prefs area to even get it to work at all (and then re-add it). I've been through several reboots just in case.

Now it is TERMINALLY slow at starting printing. I go into the room w/ the printer, plug the USB plug into the macbook, and then I go to print in any app. The little printer icon pops up in the dock but NOTHING happens for at least 2 minutes. If I click in, it says "Sending print data..." but stays at that state for a long time.

Then after 2 minutes or so it finally starts printing.

WTF? My wife is telling me I really jacked the computer up w/ this upgrade.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
We're seeing the same thing with an HP Color LaserJet 2840. It's connected to a router and we're accessing it wirelessly. Under Leopard (10.5), printing was acceptable, but under Snow Leopard, the same print job takes 10 times longer.

Normally, the print job should be sent to the printer and then printed however many time is needed, but under Snow Leopard, the computer seems to send each page as a separate print job.

CSRabe

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2009
Same problem - HP Officejet 6110

I'm having the same difficulty after upgrading to Snow Leopard. Printer started to print painfully slow (30 minutes to get one page out) and now it's telling me that it won't recognize the Black printer cartridge. Never had problems before and I'm done several reboots.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.