Printing to Windows XP Network Printer using a Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Macklin B1, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Macklin B1 macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone, (first post FTW!)

Being the only Mac user in my house -however streamlined it is-, does hold a few problems. I have set up my iMac, and have happily joined my Windows home network, file sharing does work easily and neatly but as I found out the other day, printing from a Mac that is connected to a Windows based network can be very difficult.

So for a long time now, I have been trying to set up my iMac (connected via Wi-Fi) so that it prints over my home network.
    The printer; an EPSON TX100 is connected to the USB port in a Windows XP desktop and I have set up Printer sharing.
    The desktop is connected to my D-Link G604T.

I have added the printer through
    System Pref:print & Fax:+:Windows tab:'network':'computer':'printer' and have tried using both the Generic Postscript driver and the specified printer driver.
    When I go ahead and print, the printer icon appears in the dock and then quickly disappears without a printout. I have replaced the ink and paper but still no luck.

I have tried the methods suggested on some other threads, but none have succeeded. I would be happy to provide any extra information and try anything... and help would be much appreciated

Networked printing works with all Windows computers in the house including a NEC laptop, so why wont it work with a Mac?

2. MacKeeperFanMod macrumors regular

MacKeeperFanMod

Can you print from another computer on your shared printer?

Maybe you need a native driver.

3. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

Too bad it couldn't connect to the router. I connected my printer to an airport extreme and it seems to have no trouble. I did have problems attempting to print when it was attached to the windows machine.

4. lilweeds macrumors newbie

Download Bonjour for Windows. It will work once you get that.

5. Macklin B1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I can print from all other windows PC's to the shared printer, thanks for the replys