Printing to wireless printer.....

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Ifti, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Ifti macrumors 68000

I understand AirPrint only enables me to print from my iDevices onto certain HP printers.
    Problem is I have a Canon Pixma MP640 - which is connected via wireless to my AEBS.

Im otherwise happy with my printer. Is there an app that will enable me to print via my iPhone/iPad straight to my wireless printer - WITHOUT the need to have my MacBook etc on in between?

2. Ashwood11, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011

Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Search forums using "iPad wireless printing". This subject has been covered many times.

3. Ifti thread starter macrumors 68000

All the apps I have read up on require a computer or Mac to act as the print server/queue.

Thank you for your incredibly helpful response, not.

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I was trying to be helpful. Had you read previous posts some of them would have listed the apps that would allow you to print directly from the iPad to printers other than HP.

5. Ifti thread starter macrumors 68000

All I can find are those that need an installation on your MAc in order to share the printer - but wouldnt these need your mac switched on all the time in order to print with your iDevice?

6. MacBlackBook22 macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

Just make sure that in your printer/fax system preferences that you have "share printer on the network" checked in your computer settings and you will be fine no need for any computers to be left on. I have your set up and my ipads find my canon and hp wireless printers and will print to either