Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Espnetboy3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
I am having a whole mess of trouble printing this tri fold. I sent both the inside and outside designs to a minuteman press. Now its going to be on 8.5 x 11 and its saved as a pdf file. When he prints the inside it prints fine but he prints the outside which is the same dimensions and saved the same way everything is shifted down and its cut off. He said to just move it up but I have no gauge on how much to move up and where to move it past the working box. Any suggestions?

Also whats the best way to put a bleed on it? I have a tan background i basically just pulled the tan box over the outsides of the work area .25 inches for a bleed.

Hopefully someone can help, thanks

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I am having a whole mess of trouble printing this tri fold. I sent both the inside and outside designs to a minuteman press. Now its going to be on 8.5 x 11 and its saved as a pdf file. When he prints the inside it prints fine but he prints the outside which is the same dimensions and saved the same way everything is shifted down and its cut off. He said to just move it up but I have no gauge on how much to move up and where to move it past the working box. Any suggestions?

Also whats the best way to put a bleed on it? I have a tan background i basically just pulled the tan box over the outsides of the work area .25 inches for a bleed.

Hopefully someone can help, thanks

Would it be possible for you to find a new printer at this point, or not? Any professional printer would be able to get two identically sized images to line up front and back. The problem is not in your files, but in the printer's printers.

When you make your .pdfs, are you making sure crop marks and bleed are included in the .pdf? Your artwork should extend past the work area, just like you said you did, and you should specify the bleed in save dialog box after you select .pdf as your file type.

In reality, this type of work should be done in a page layout program if you have one available to you. If you haven't learned yet how to use one, a simple trifold would be a great opportunity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.