Printing w/ Vista from an OS X printer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by agentphish, Jul 20, 2008.

1. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

So I've not found a good guide on how to print from Vista to a printer that is shared via printer sharing on a Leopard Machine. Lots of info and guides seem to exist for getting a Mac to print from a Vista-Shared printer, but not the other way around.

I have an HP Deskjet 9800 on my Leopard G5.
    I have it set up for sharing and am able to print to it from any other mac in my house either wireled or wirelessly.

On Vista, I am able to find the printer, and I have installed it as a network printer and it shows up fine as one. However, when I print to it nothing happens at all.

I have folllowed this guide to get Vista to see the Mac shares properly, which did make the 9800 show up as a shared printer.

Anyone help me out? This is my first Vista experience. I bought a budget windows laptop for my business because I need to have a PC around, but not to worry I still use my Mac's 98% of the time.

Thanks

2. Crunz macrumors newbie

I had a similar problem with my HP deskjet, then i searched around for the printer's install disk, which should have the drivers on it for windows (did on mine but i was using XP not Vista) as that type of printer is dual platform, correct me if im wrong. It sorted out the problem for me, otherwise you should be able to search for the drivers online on HP's website perhaps.

3. agentphish thread starter macrumors 65816

agentphish

It's not a driver issue that I can tell. As I said it is installed as a network printer, therefore I have the Vista driver installed already.

Actually it comes with Vista, HP and MS packaged it in there for my particular printer - the ONE and ONLY thing I can praise vista for at the moment.

Any other suggestions? This really can't be that hard, I feel like an idiot.