Printing wirelessly to Printer connected to Windows Desktop.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by OrangeSVTguy, May 12, 2008.

1. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

OK I just bought a new printer, Epson All-in-One CX7400. I have it connected via USB to my windows desktop. Works great and everything. Installed all software/drivers from both CD and Epson's website for the printer onto my ibook. Now when I go to add printer and clicking on More Printers and then windows printing and select my windows machine on the network but then asks me for a promt for user/password but I don't enter anything and click OK. I select the printer connected to the windows desktop and then I can't seem to find my exact model where it asks in the drop down menu. Lists a bunch of models(Epson Stylus CX-6600 and skips to Epson Stylus CX-8300 plus more) but the not the CX7400 one. I choose a closer one and then I'm done.

Here's where the problem is. When I go to print something and check my print monitor I get a "Connection failed with Error NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED" message. I have printer sharing enabled on my desktop. I'm stumped here :confused:

2. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

3. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Ok reviving my old thread. This time I don't know what's wrong. I have all the correct drivers and it shows my correct printer. It even says printer ready but won't let me print as it's saying it's stopped. I click the resume button and then I get an error dialog, client-error-not-possible. :confused:

*edit*
    After going through the print log error history, I think it's saying I have unauthorized access meaning I don't have the username/password set up correctly... I think I wlll just mess with it a little more.

*edit #2*
    I selected Generic PostScript Printer as the driver this time and it printed out looks like html code or something.