Printing with iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Edperez, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Edperez macrumors newbie

I have the latest os for the iPad. I also have a HP multifunction printer with wifi connected to my network, however when I try to print something out of my iPad, it does not find my printer. Print sharing is on on iMac. What am I missing?

2. 4zuresky macrumors member

Try AirPrint activator on your iMac. Ever since I had that I didn't have any problems printing from my iPad. I can use the restroom and print from there :D

3. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

Anything similar for a Windows computer?

4. Kupp macrumors regular

Yup, I just did it yesterday with a Canon printer.

I followed these instructions: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-20023976-233.html

after you follow the instructions for installing air print on a PC, you have to share the printer on the network.

When you go to access the printer on you iphone/ipad it will ask for username and password.

That is the username and password for your user account on the windows PC that the printer is shared from. I had to enable passwords to be able to print from my I device. I am also using the administrator account so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Allegedly you can alternatively enable guest accounts and print from that, but I didn't go that route.

5. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I already had an Epson and a HP printer but decided to get the HP D110 which worked with AirPrint and I don't regret it at all. Paid $69 and I don't have to leave my computer running. The AirPrint models work so well within the apps. Well worth $69 dollars I paid and the ink was half of the purchase price.

6. RayK macrumors 6502

I bought the 1102w from hp. Works great after the firmware update.

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Worth is always highly subjective. No inkjet is worth replacing my Laserjet. YMMV, of course.