Printing with Pages = MESSED ... Printing with Word = PERFECT

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Doju, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Doju macrumors 68000

I'm a Pages 09 user, I find Word bloated, unuser-friendly and generally ugly. Pages has all the features I need in a simplistic package, so I always use Pages 09 over Word 08, unless I have to.

This was a situation where I needed Word.

I was trying to print (wirelessly via my Time Capsule) an essay to my Canon Pixma 320 series (cheapest education deal printer). First, Apple didn't locally have the drivers, unfortunately, so I installed the drivers via a disk.

I installed the printer over wireless, and hit print. Worked great, printed. But it didn't print great. It started printing a couple inches down the page so the whole essay looked pushed down and nasty.

Annoyed, I reinstalled printer drivers. No luck.

I tried to save the Pages document as a .doc file and print. No luck.

I then opened up the .doc file in Microsoft Word 08 and it printed terrificly.

I greatly prefer Pages, so I'd be sort of annoyed if I had to switch to Word, even having to copy and paste the finished copy after I complete essays is annoying.

Help?

2. LTX macrumors regular

LTX

Does it look normal in Pages in the print preview (File --> Print --> Preview)? What about if you print to PDF?

3. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Pages wont always be 100% with Word, possibly you've hit an incompatibility, whether its there for all documents, depends on your documents.
    Or, it might be very simple, perhaps there are some adjustments you need to make in Pages, especially if the only problem is the margin settings.

Its not clear to me from what you wrote if your problem is just that margin settings are set too low on Pages, or there is some other issues.