Printing without special apple printer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hammipoop, Jul 4, 2011.

1. hammipoop macrumors newbie

Hi there I'm new to iPhone 4 world an live it so far just wondered if there's a way I can print without the printers that apple recommend. I work for. University and have all the exchange email and wireless setup just need to be able to print. Sorry if this is a repeat I couldn't fid anything

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

First, your iOs must be 4.2 or later.

Second...do an internet search for "Airprint Activator".

3. hammipoop thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help I'm on 4.4.3 I forgot to mention at work I use pcs and they are very restricted in terms of you can't install anything as it's all locked out by uni I.T.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

I don't know of a way to do it that doesn't involve installing software to a computer on the network or attaching a computer with the software already installed to the network.

5. cdustybk macrumors member

Also, I may be wrong, but I believe Airprint Activator is ONLY for Mac, so if your work computer is Windows, I don't know of a solution...

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

7. cdustybk macrumors member

I *think* I looked at this software before, and it wasn't legit. Anyone used this and confirm it works without issues?