Printing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sarahbeara988, Jul 4, 2011.

1. sarahbeara988 macrumors newbie

I have my MacBook at my dad's house, and he has wireless printing set up with non-Macs. I am wondering how I can join the home network so that I can print wirelessly.

2. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

I guess you'll need to be on the same wireless network as the printer. Then hit print in a program and search for the printer by name. Should be that simple.

3. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

The printer might also be tossing out it's own signal. For example my Samsung printer tosses out it's own wi-fi connection, listed under 'airport/devices/airportthru' all I have to do is connect to it and I'm good to go. If it's through a router, through USB or Ethernet, then you'll need to be on his network to access it.

4. sarahbeara988 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am connected to the wireless network, but the printer does not show up as possible printers.

5. mmduluth macrumors regular

You may need to have the drivers to that printer installed. I had to with my lexmark wireless printer. I had to install them on all the computers in the house.

6. blevins321 macrumors 68030

There should be a way to connect to the printer's settings and get it to join your existing network instead of broadcasting its own. That way you won't have to disconnect/reconnect to use the printer.