Printing?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mcanadiensfan63, Jan 14, 2008.

1. mcanadiensfan63 macrumors member

so i have the latest leopard, 10.5.1. and i am having trouble printing over a wireless network. When i directly plug in the officejet hp 6210 all in one it prints. With the network, the printer is not recognized when i click add printer? I know i have all the drivers, so does any1 have step by step instructions how to set up the printer

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

This is a more general suggestion, but after upgrading to Leopard I initially had some trouble printing to my Canon inkjet wirelessly.

The solution ended up being basically re-setting-up the printer--I disconnected it from the base station, power-cycled the base station, hooked it back up, set it up properly in Airport, then deleted all existing versions of in from my Macs and re-added it.

This may have nothing to do with your problem, and I admit those HP printers seem to be particularly prone to OSX issues.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

so is your printer connected to a router or a pc on the network?

4. mcanadiensfan63 thread starter macrumors member

the printer i conected to the pc, and the pc is connected to the router

5. mcanadiensfan63 thread starter macrumors member

6. Makosuke macrumors 603

I apologize for misunderstanding your setup.

I thought there was a guide on this here at MR, but this is a fairly detailed description with another HP printer that might point you in the right direction, if nobody here has a more specific suggestion:

http://iharder.sourceforge.net/current/macosx/winmacprinter/