Prints from Aperture w Epson 1400 are magenta. Help!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by McNewcomer, Dec 23, 2009.

1. McNewcomer macrumors newbie

I am a complete novice. Over the last few months, in preparation for Christmas, I bought my first Macbook -- which I love. I purchased Aperture 2 -- which I also love. I went step by step on a photo project, planning to print large portrait photos for my family as Christmas presents. My last purchase was the Epson 1400 and am now close to tears cause I cannot get a decent print from it. All my photos are magenta. I have tried the various color management settings, Epson vivid, Epson standard and Adobe RGB (even though I am using Aperture). All faces are still purple. I shoot with a Canon 5D. I am not a sophisticated user. But my photos print out better on a cheap little 4x6 photosmart printer. Any suggestions on how I can adjust settings to make large prints in time for Christmas??? Many thanks for any help you can give. (This forum saved my butt when I was learning to run Aperture and made crucial newbie mistakes.)

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Dumb question maybe but... have you made sure the other color inks work? Unless I'm being too literal in them printing out in magenta.

3. McNewcomer thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry. I wasn't clear enough. I mean the photos tend to the magenta. The other colors are present. The balance is just off. I don't want to waste expensive large paper so keep trying to adjust it in the 4x6 format but I haven't found the magic bullet. I am close to tossing it in the trash and running to a photo lab.

4. PhotoFun macrumors newbie

In your print settings, try turning off any color adjustments in color settings. That's what I had to do with the R1900 to get the colors correct.