Prioritizing a wifi connection over another

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacGiver, Oct 24, 2009.

1. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

I have to wifi connections at home (work & personal). My iPhone never connects to the same one, one day it is wifi X the other wifi Y...How can I set up a favorite wiifi so it always connect to the one i wish?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Have you tried making it forget the network you don't want it to connect to?

3. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

You can prioritize connections from Preferences -> Network -> Airport -> Advanced. Drag the higher priority connection higher in the list.

4. MacGiver thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

That is a good idea but i would like to keep the other one as a back up in case the favorite one stops working...it already happened to me. Not "forgetting" the other wifi would avoid to re-enter the wep key the day i'll need it...that is why i would like to rank my wifi...i.e always connect to wifi X then Y so if X stops working it wil connect to Y...But maybe this is not doable?

Anyone?

5. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Hmm ... two messages up ^

6. MacGiver thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

Sorry but i cannot find this path on my iPhone???

7. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That sounds like how to priortize connections on a Mac. OP was asking about doing it on his iPhone. Unfortunately, I'm not seeeing an option to do this on the iPhone. :(