Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacGiver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
France
I have to wifi connections at home (work & personal). My iPhone never connects to the same one, one day it is wifi X the other wifi Y...How can I set up a favorite wiifi so it always connect to the one i wish?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I have to wifi connections at home (work & personal). My iPhone never connects to the same one, one day it is wifi X the other wifi Y...How can I set up a favorite wiifi so it always connect to the one i wish?

Have you tried making it forget the network you don't want it to connect to?

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
You can prioritize connections from Preferences -> Network -> Airport -> Advanced. Drag the higher priority connection higher in the list.

MacGiver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
France
Have you tried making it forget the network you don't want it to connect to?

That is a good idea but i would like to keep the other one as a back up in case the favorite one stops working...it already happened to me. Not "forgetting" the other wifi would avoid to re-enter the wep key the day i'll need it...that is why i would like to rank my wifi...i.e always connect to wifi X then Y so if X stops working it wil connect to Y...But maybe this is not doable?

Anyone?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
You can prioritize connections from Preferences -> Network -> Airport -> Advanced. Drag the higher priority connection higher in the list.

That sounds like how to priortize connections on a Mac. OP was asking about doing it on his iPhone. Unfortunately, I'm not seeeing an option to do this on the iPhone. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.