Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bob2131

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
Im in uk, so i dont know if USA have seen it ages ago.

But .....man....... i almost had a tear in my eye.... the ending....what a shocker.......so well made too...... and that song.....perfect ending.......

what an ending..... subtle...the way it was shown to us....but heavy in emotional impact......

it was the right time to end it too.... it was so dragging on and story getting more stupid and far fetched by the week! lol

Prison break is one of the greats.

T Bagwell!!! lol

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
Are you serious? That ending had to be a joke. Did they all drop in for one last paycheck? All it was missing was for Paul to say 'Lincoln, I'm your father'. Talk about a contrived ending.

T-Stex

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2006
Pennsylvania
I don't really count the third and fourth seasons as being part of the series. Those two were too far fetched and ridiculous. I'm not sure how they justified bringing Kellerman back, but I did think the last 4-5 minutes of the series tied up a lot of loose ends. I loved the first two seasons, but I'm glad to see the series end.

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
Yeah, it jumped the shark a while back, but yer just can't stop watching... I think the loose ends were tied up a little too quickly. Like they had 5 minutes left to finish the script.

pianoman181

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
Well more light will be shed on the various loose ends when Prison Break: The Final Break airs, supposedly.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Prison Break is a lot like Lost. There is only so far you can take the show before it looses its premise. So season 1 was breaking out of jail. Ok they got out and now they are on the run. After that it ran out of steam.

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
Yes, I watch Lost, too. I was going to say follow Lost but realized I'd be lying. :D

PS And don't get me started on Heroes...

bob2131

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
mr smith: what?!?!? lol...... how was it contrived the ending? it was perfect...... they all got let off.... the main guy passed away.... t bag went back to prison, and all the good guys.... are happy now.....and visit the grave together....

beautiful ending...... that is life right there......

T-stex = yes i agree, they got stupid in the middle......

Lost? how good is that really? shall i bother getting it?

WHAT WAS THE SONG AT THE END OF PRISION BREAK LAST EPISODE...??

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Prison Break is a lot like Lost. There is only so far you can take the show before it looses its premise. So season 1 was breaking out of jail. Ok they got out and now they are on the run. After that it ran out of steam.

yea every week it was like something yet again happens

cant kill the general or his mom when they could ugh so it just draaaaaaaaaaaaags on

i agree, there wasnt any more story. i did like it though

i feel the show "Burn Notice" is going to suffer the same fate if any of you follow that show"

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
i feel the show "Burn Notice" is going to suffer the same fate if any of you follow that show"

eventually they all do, but i think they set up themselves nicely for at least one more season, and possibly two.

they (and all shows with a complete storyline) should have the balls to pull a Lost and declare an end to the series when it still on the upswing, or even from the beginning, as soon as it's clear the show will be picked up.

If fans knew that there is a definitive beginning and end, they would watch more as they would know that there would be no shark-jumping.
by putting a termination date, my guess is that not only the quality would be higher, which is obvious, but the half-life of show might actually be longer and would bring more viewers on average.

and bob, you do want to check out lost. best show in many years, hands down.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
mr smith: what?!?!? lol...... how was it contrived the ending? it was perfect...... they all got let off.... the main guy passed away.... t bag went back to prison, and all the good guys.... are happy now.....and visit the grave together....

beautiful ending...... that is life right there......

T-stex = yes i agree, they got stupid in the middle......

Lost? how good is that really? shall i bother getting it?

You seriously don't think that's contrived? Just a little?
Don't bother with Lost. In my opinion.
The song, apparently:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080219080637AASHoGv

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
The only season I didn't enjoy was season 3. Season 4 was a bit far fetched (and I hate it when they make technical errors with computers etc.) but I still enjoyed it. My favourite was season 1 and 2 though.

michael.lauden

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2008
yea every week it was like something yet again happens

cant kill the general or his mom when they could ugh so it just draaaaaaaaaaaaags on

i agree, there wasnt any more story. i did like it though

except they like killed carla in the end. but yeah burn notice is going to get old after 5 seasons

bob2131

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
no the song was not spanish......

the ending......that song.......its american.....or western.....engish singing.....

almost coldplay-esque

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
I'm glad Prison Break is finally over. I really like the first and second season, but after that, it went down hill. It's almost like they wrote the rest of the series one episode at a time.

It was annoying, that's what it was.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I just finished it as I had to DVR the last five episodes. I think the ending was really sad. And by that I don't mean "boo hoo" sad, but they totally pulled it out of thin air. Sure everyone likes it when they tie up loose ends, but really, characters showing up at the end that where a long time gone and no longer significant to the story. Michael's mom's surgery was successful with older technology, but his is not successful even though he was absent of symptoms for the last five episodes. As most everyone else said the first two seasons were really good, but to me it's obvious the writers lost their way as they got too caught up in the details of the conspiracy. Then when the plug got pulled they just slapped a band-aid on it with a pretty ribbon. :mad: Truly sad.

bob2131

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
I just finished it as I had to DVR the last five episodes. I think the ending was really sad. And by that I don't mean "boo hoo" sad, but they totally pulled it out of thin air. Sure everyone likes it when they tie up loose ends, but really, characters showing up at the end that where a long time gone and no longer significant to the story. Michael's mom's surgery was successful with older technology, but his is not successful even though he was absent of symptoms for the last five episodes. As most everyone else said the first two seasons were really good, but to me it's obvious the writers lost their way as they got too caught up in the details of the conspiracy. Then when the plug got pulled they just slapped a band-aid on it with a pretty ribbon. :mad: Truly sad.

perfect ending.......

the last few seasons were silly.....but the ending made up for everything......

powerful ending.....

iPhoneNYC

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2007
I thought Season 1 was great but things started getting very contrived after that. I didn't notice the "last show ever."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.