Privacy Film, do you use one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yourtoys7, Nov 29, 2011.

1. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to find out who uses privacy films and which ones. I used to have Power Support and didn't like it. Now I see 3M released one but vary few places sale it.
    Share your experience if you use one and what type...

2. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

I used to use one from case mate that I purchased at an at&t corp store and it was awesome. At&t has since stopped selling them because they claim people were having issues with the sensor but that was back when it was a software issue. When I updated my phone it worked perfectly. You can still find them online though.

3. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I had one but I didn't like it. It altered the screen too much for me. My phone is always locked, nothing private in there or I can just quickly press the home button.

4. fins831 macrumors 6502a

We know Nick Novak, kicker for the SD Chargers uses one...lol

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

The privacy screen protectors take away from the awesomeness of the retina display

6. yourtoys7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, but no one can see whats on that screen.

7. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

I don't watch pron on my iPhone
    I don't have super secret text, emails and images on my iPhone.
    I don't have super important data on my iPhone. If people want to peek over my iPhone, I'd easily conceal it, and luckily no one crazy enough or have time to peek over while I'm doing something on my iPhone.

If someone happens to peeking on my phone, it's not my goddamn fault, I'd shoo him and simply say mind your own business, mate. He must've too much time with himself.

I don't know about BlackBerry or Android handset, but I'd never use privacy film with awesome iPhone, it's kinda defeat the purpose of having IPS display on it, plus it decolorizes the screen in a bad way. Why would you sacrifice that?

If I wanted to have a narrow viewing angle so people won't peek at my phone, I'd settle with cheapo phone with TN display, why settle for the best?

8. Angryipadguy macrumors regular

What device do you use then?

9. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Aahh .. apparently it's you who peek on me for this last 5 mins, huh? :eek:

10. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I don't use one on my phone but I do on my iPad. However, only when I travel or am in public and close quarters. Downside is that it really dims my screen.