Privacy Worry

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RoastingRed, Feb 10, 2016.

1. RoastingRed macrumors newbie

I recently read that Skype puts a 30 day history of instant messages on any computer you connect to and it made me worry. A few times last year I connected my iPhone to my work computer by usb to charge, I'm pretty sure I clicked not to trust the computer, but I was messaging via the Skype app on my phone while it was plugged in.

Is there any chance that my employer could have seen the messages, or worse, the history for 30 days? I was sure that Skype was encrypted, but it seems it's not all that secure after all.

2. Divergent17 macrumors newbie

Divergent17

You shouldn't worry if you clicked "do not trust this computer". Apple would block stuff that would want to come onto your iPhone and stuff that would want to come off your iPhone. If you are still worried, I believe you can check and or delete any Skype info from anywhere if it is on the cloud.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Skype is on the phone and not the computer, right? So it seems that it wouldn't be doing anything related to it on the computer.

4. von franklin macrumors regular

von franklin

buy a portable Charger so you wouldn't have to worry about it. also delete the message history