Private Bittorrent trackers !!!!

Reaver

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Is there a proper place on this forum to discuss bittorrents? I have yet to find it, I have seen alot of posts about torrent trackers.

azzurri000

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2005
I think it breaks the forum rules, due to copyright infringement laws in the USA, or something like that.

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
azzurri000 said:
I think it breaks the forum rules, due to copyright infringement laws in the USA, or something like that.

No, it dosen't. If he were to talk about pirating music/software/movie THEN it would be illegal. Bittorent is a legal piece of software, sadly, it is used more often than not to do illegal things. However, for example, indytorrents uses bittorent to distribute non-copyright videos.

To the OP, this would go under mac software, not in the community forum. However, bittorent is not a mac-related item, therefore it does not deserve its own catagory on the site. It would also increase the likelyhood that illegal things would be discussed. If you have a specific question about bittorent, post it in the software forums; better yet, find a bittorent forum and post there.