private browsing

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by J3STER, Sep 4, 2013.

1. J3STER macrumors newbie

hey i was wondering if there is a command on the terminal bash 80x24 to open my private browsing to see what sites went on. i know the other command dscacheutil -cachedump -entries host but that doesnt seem to work it says unable to get details from cache nob. i really need some help anyone

~thankyou

2. simsaladimbamba

Is the point of private browsing exactly that, not being able to restore any kind of data from it?
    [​IMG]
    Why do you need to do this now?

PS: One thread per issue does suffice.

3. J3STER thread starter macrumors newbie

my friend is planing to do something for me on the 16th of sept i want to know what it is..

4. simsaladimbamba

So it is a surprise for you by your friend, and you want to ruin the surprise? Na, not getting help from me. Have a surprising Monday.

5. J3STER thread starter macrumors newbie

alright its not a surprise other people use my computer and i want to know what they are doing on it when im not here. there happy can you please help me

6. simsaladimbamba

Even if I could, I would not, as it is spying, and while I had those urges too when I was younger, it was not helping me.

If other people use your computer, and one reason you want to know what they are doing there is if they spy on you, create several accounts for those people, thus they do not need your account and you can be safe from worrying being spied upon and they can be safe from worrying being spied upon too.

I know, asking the people using your computer is hard, but if you really want to know, do it the hard way, otherwise you have no right (despite legal reasons, ah, another reason we cannot help you here according to the rules, which sadly have to exist, as morality and ethicality is often disregarded) to know, what they are doing in their own time, unless they are spying upon you, and even then, using the same methods will not make you any better or feel better.

But then again, this is not a parenting forum, thus do what you think you have to, but do not expect help here regarding spying on others. Just use Facebook or ask that friendly agency for "national security".

7. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Browsing data can be leaked outside the browser and make 'private browsing' only a soft tool.

Not sure if any recent updates have changed things but as I recall the DNS cache used to store IP requests outside the browsers grasp and wasn't cleared by the browser, nor was flash's cache.

(Both are user resettable easily)

There are readable available foresic tools for retrieve data that is left behind private browser mode. Private mode really only hides things from a non tec savvy spouse or casual look.