Private Feed Reader

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by tviel, Dec 13, 2011.

1. tviel macrumors newbie

Hi,

first post so please be patient ;-)

I'm looking for an RSS Feed Reader for iOS. Yes, I know that there are plenty of, but I was not able to find one that not only syncs with GoogleReader, as it has the limitation to not support private feeds.
    As I have to also follow company feeds, where you have to authenticate yourself with username and password, it is necessary to support those.

Anyone a hint for me?

Thanks in advance.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

3. tviel thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for fast response. But.

Code:
    Please be mindful about the use of this alternate URL. It is inadvisable to share your personalized alternate URL with anyone. Sharing your URL will give users unrestricted access to your feed which will compromize its security.
    is exactly what companies really don't like much.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I understand your concern, but unless you give someone that URL, nobody will be able to see the feed but you. You can PW protect your phone is you are worried someone will steal your phone and access the URL.

5. tviel thread starter macrumors newbie

Mmmhhh, yes, but is is secure because no one might guess the URL. Bad argument in company context though.

I can't believe, that there might be no app featuring private feeds, where desktop clients usually have this feature.

Anyway, thanks for your time