Private locked folder for pics or files

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Howard3Gs, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Howard3Gs macrumors newbie

Hi, i am wanting a a APP. that will let me put a pass code for a folder that i make. with pictures and files in the folder. I just need these files safe from my kids. every now and then they play a few games on my phone and i don't need these certain files messed with. Is there an APP for this?
    I tried one called lockbox, but looks like i have to sync it or something to organize the files into the private folder? still never got it to work.
    Just thought i'd ask.
    Thanks, Howard

2. btownguy macrumors 6502

hmm, I wonder what type of files you are referring to...

I think this is what you're looking for:

http://www.foldersapp.com/

Just search the App Store for "folders"

3. Howard3Gs thread starter macrumors newbie

well, after reading that one, do you have to have it synced to organize the folders. or can i take pictures, then like save it to my private folder?

4. Howard3Gs thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, i downloaded FoldersAPP, it does let you add photos and suchfrom the photo library and such right from the iPhone without hooking it to the PC or over the wifi.
    one thing that i noticed off the bat is that it will only let you put one picture in there at a time, then you have to go back through and select another picture to add to your new private folder. atleast i hadn't found a way to do it different.

if anyone knows different please let me know.
    Thanks, Howard

5. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

There are Apps in the App Store that are just for this purpose. To open the App, you have to enter a pswd. You can then take photos within that App, and you can also transfer images from your camera roll into the App.

I don't remember the names, but I know there are a few of these Apps in the App Store.