Pro 9.7" LED Flash for notifications ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iOSUser7, Apr 8, 2016.

1. iOSUser7 macrumors 6502a

iOSUser7

Hi everyone,

I don't own an iPad Pro 9.7" nor have intention to buy one but just out of curiosity, I was wondering can you enable the True Tone Flash for notifications on the Pro 9.7" just like you can on the iPhones ?

I'm asking this because I know the flashlight option in the control center is absent on the Pro 9.7" so I'm wondering if the flash is only here for photos or can be used for anything else.

Thanks for the answers.

2. Atlanta75 macrumors newbie

3. imejh macrumors member

imejh

I just don't understand why Apple makes these annoying decisions leaving things out from iPhone to iPad. If the hardware is not there then ok, but the software/code is there in iOS to support the extra flash functionality on iPhone.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Visual notifications have always been Apple weak point. I have for years wanted a LED for notification on my iPhone. I guess Blackberry spoiled me.

5. iOSUser7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iOSUser7

Alright thanks for the answer. That's a shame, it's really useful on the iPhone.
    Yeah just like the flashlight in the control center, Apple sometimes make strange decisions. The feature is already implemented in iOS so there is no reason at all the Pro 9.7" can't use it.
    Well, personally I have no issues with Apple implementation of visual notifications but I'm just wondering why the Pro 9.7" is lacking this feature.

6. iOSUser7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iOSUser7

You don't learn me anything by posting this link, I was just wondering if the Pro 9.7" had the feature or not, I won't create a feedback as I don't care because I don't even have/plan to buy this device.

7. brand macrumors 601

brand

You obviously care enough to trouble yourself to ask about it. If you truly didn't care then you wouldn't have created a new thread asking.

8. iOSUser7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iOSUser7

It's called curiosity. Why would I even bother to create a feedback about a device I don't even own ?

9. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

Yeah really annoys me as well. Also annoying that they didn't put Low Power Mode onto the iPads.

10. jeremiah256 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah256

Not as complete a solution as is offered on Android, but you can turn on LED Alerts under, "Settings -->General-->Accessibility" toward the bottom.