Pro Applications Update 2006-02 Released

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
46,799
8,966


Apple has released an update to the underpinnings of its pro-applications.

This update addresses several issues with underlying frameworks and shared components for Apple’s professional applications and is strongly recommended for all users of:

Final Cut Studio 5.1
Final Cut Pro 5.1
Motion 2.1
Soundtrack Pro 1.1
DVD Studio Pro 4.1
LiveType 2.1
Compressor 2.1
Apple Qmaster 2.1
Final Cut Express HD 3.5
 

edcrosay

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2005
81
0
Does anyone know if this fixes FCP compatability with Canon's XL-H1 24F mode?
 

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
1,725
0
edcrosay said:
Does anyone know if this fixes FCP compatability with Canon's XL-H1 24F mode?
HDV Format Support and Easy Setups
Final Cut Pro 5.1.2 includes native support and corresponding Easy Setups for the
following HDV formats:
  • 720p24 and 720p25 (JVC GY-HD100 ProHD camcorder)
  • 1080p24 and 1080p25 (Canon XL H1 HDV camcorder); also called 1080F24 and 1080F25
 

edcrosay

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2005
81
0
spicyapple said:
HDV Format Support and Easy Setups
Final Cut Pro 5.1.2 includes native support and corresponding Easy Setups for the
following HDV formats:
  • 720p24 and 720p25 (JVC GY-HD100 ProHD camcorder)
  • 1080p24 and 1080p25 (Canon XL H1 HDV camcorder); also called 1080F24 and 1080F25
Thanks,
Safari has been timing out everytime I try to load the support document.
 

mrtekkid

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2006
145
1
Will/when will Final Cut Pro be compatible with the new Intel Macs if they aren't already??
 

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
5,212
0
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
Very Impressive Update With A Lot of Improvement

P-Worm said:
Why is this page 2?
Wondering the same thing. Seems equally significant as the Aperature upgrade that got top billing. I think it's a fairly major improvement considering all the additional camera's supported and all.
spicyapple said:
HDV Format Support and Easy Setups
Final Cut Pro 5.1.2 includes native support and corresponding Easy Setups for the
following HDV formats:
  • 720p24 and 720p25 (JVC GY-HD100 ProHD camcorder)
  • 1080p24 and 1080p25 (Canon XL H1 HDV camcorder); also called 1080F24 and 1080F25
Wow! That looks like a lot to me. The 40 page PDF that explains all the improvements shows a lot of work has been done to improve the whole suite.
 

elskeptico

macrumors member
May 21, 2004
46
0
FCP upgrade backordered?

Could this be why my order for FCP 4.5 -> FCP Studo upgrade has been placed on backorder? Can't figure out why this would be on backorder, and when it might be shipping. :confused:
 

clintob

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
255
0
New York, NY
This is probably the wrong forum for this, but I had a friend ask me recently about working with DigiBeta tapes, but I'm not really a video expert...

What's the best way to get this done? Is there a fairly painless way to get DigiBeta format stuff into a MacPro for editing/encoding? Can he just hook up a DigiBeta deck to his MacPro, and if so does he need any additional hardware, a PCI card, anything like that?
 

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
2,174
2
Las Vegas, NV
clintob said:
This is probably the wrong forum for this, but I had a friend ask me recently about working with DigiBeta tapes, but I'm not really a video expert...

What's the best way to get this done? Is there a fairly painless way to get DigiBeta format stuff into a MacPro for editing/encoding? Can he just hook up a DigiBeta deck to his MacPro, and if so does he need any additional hardware, a PCI card, anything like that?
The DigiBeta deck should have and SDI out. If it doesn't, I guess rent one that does. Connect it to one of these:

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/multibridge/