Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
No? Maybe it's just me.

Attachments

• XDR Redesign.jpg
    XDR Redesign.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 200

goMac

Contributor
Apr 15, 2004
The number of vents are necessary because of how hot the monitor gets at max brightness. And they have to be distributed along the entire panel. There is even a fan that will spin up.

Not a design choice, unfortunately.

Reactions: mw360

simonnelli

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2012
The number of vents are necessary because of how hot the monitor gets at max brightness. And they have to be distributed along the entire panel. There is even a fan that will spin up.

Not a design choice, unfortunately.

Exactly THIS is a design choice. Design is not only how it looks but also how it works.

Most people make the mistake of thinking design is what it looks like. People think it’s this veneer – that the designers are handed this box and told, “Make it look good!” That’s not what we think design is. It’s not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.
— STEVE JOBS

Reactions: chfilm

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Is there a functional reason for why the power cord port is so unsightly? Looks like Mickey Mouse staring at me. Just feels like the product was made by a completely different team that was given the lattice pattern and they just copied and pasted it all over

H. Flower

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
Have you seen it in person ?
I got a chance to yesterday and it’s the most beautiful display ever designed. And anyone saying the monitor and stand is overpriced has to also see it in person.

Reactions: chfilm

Average Pro

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2013
Cali
I felt the same way about the stand when I heard the price. However, after the seeing the monitor in person, I'm a fan.

As for the PS-image, my monitor will be placed against a wall so the back will not matter to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.