Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

adamwathan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Any XDR owners have any issues with the display randomly flickering? I get this static showing up for a split second in various parts of the screen now and then. Some days almost never but today it's happening like every minute or two. Sometimes the display even goes completely black for a few milliseconds :/

I can't remember when this first started but it wasn't enough for me to think much of it. Now that I'm past my return date of course it's happening constantly.

Have done everything I can to try and troubleshoot but seems to happen regardless what I have connected to my computer/display or what software I'm using. Taking it to the Apple store to be looked at soon, but until then curious if anyone else has experienced it?

Here's a freeze frame of what it usually looks like. Happens all over the display, not always the same place.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 4.48.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 4.48.13 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 353

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Is it connected directly to the MacBook Pro? Or is it daisy chained to another Thunderbolt 3 device?
What is the model of the MacBook Pro?

Adult80HD

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2019
That shouldn't be happening. How is it connected to your computer? What computer are you using it on?

goonieiam

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2020
I have the same issue however I have it connected to an older MacPro, so I was assuming it's due to that, and that I wouldn't get any support.

Anyone else has it connected to a "non-supported" machine and is experiencing flickering?

Robotronic

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
Bumping this for visibility. I have a Pro Display XDR connected to my Hackintosh with a 5700 XT, and I get random flickers / flashes of static, typically along the lower third of the screen, sometimes the lower half, and only one tile at a time it seems. Anyone come up with a fix for this?

rylim

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2017
The issue I'm having is the screen flicker or blinking when I'm scrolling a webpage with dark background. Is this normal?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.