Pro Display XDR flickering?

adamwathan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Any XDR owners have any issues with the display randomly flickering? I get this static showing up for a split second in various parts of the screen now and then. Some days almost never but today it's happening like every minute or two. Sometimes the display even goes completely black for a few milliseconds :/

I can't remember when this first started but it wasn't enough for me to think much of it. Now that I'm past my return date of course it's happening constantly.

Have done everything I can to try and troubleshoot but seems to happen regardless what I have connected to my computer/display or what software I'm using. Taking it to the Apple store to be looked at soon, but until then curious if anyone else has experienced it?

Here's a freeze frame of what it usually looks like. Happens all over the display, not always the same place.

Attachments

joevt

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2012
Is it connected directly to the MacBook Pro? Or is it daisy chained to another Thunderbolt 3 device?
What is the model of the MacBook Pro?

Adult80HD

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2019
That shouldn't be happening. How is it connected to your computer? What computer are you using it on?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.