Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pbwj

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2018
My monitor has been a little funky previous couple days - it would flash white flicker and then won't turn on until a couple minutes. Well today the monitor wont turn on at all - every once in a while a white screen will flash with a halo like effect. I have it connected to the mac pro and tried switching ports, and tried connecting to my 16" mbp as well with no luck. Anyone give me an idea what may be wrong with it? I'm pretty much out of luck since Apple stores are closed.

Attachments

• IMG_3879.jpg
    IMG_3879.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 595

henrymyf

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2015
This is pretty shocking information, given that the XDR is in such a high price range. Hopefully this problem could be solved.

Pbwj

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2018
Took it in for repair, the same thing was happening in diagnostic looks like its dead... In the meantime is there a way to connect the mac pro to use my 16" mbp display?

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Took it in for repair, the same thing was happening in diagnostic looks like its dead... In the meantime is there a way to connect the mac pro to use my 16" mbp display?
Use screen sharing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.