Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which did you choose?

• Pro

Votes: 39 37.9%
  • Pro Max

Votes: 64 62.1%

• Total voters

msackey

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2020
If size is not an issue, definitely Pro Max. For me though, size of Pro Max is too big so I'd go for the Pro. I'm glad that in this iteration of iPhone, the cameras for Pro and Pro Max are the same.

I have the iPhone 12 and the Pro camera is not as good as the Pro Max. I like the better cameras, but the size of Pro Max is just not workable for me.

Reactions: dms_91 and koigirl

Mikeske

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2012
Washington
Oh wait, nope! "Bigger is always better", you're BOTH wrong!

Or could it possibly be, that the largest iPhone isn't for everybody?! More should think twice before solely recommending the largest iPhone --universally all the time...
It has always been what works best for th person that is using it and for me the Pro is correct size. My wife wanted a new phone and since she is tiny in like 4' 9" and I put my 14 Pro in hands and let her try to fumble around with for 10 minutes she said the Pro was to big and wanted something smaller. She then spotted a 13 Mini at the phone store when I was buying my 14 Pro. She really liked the size and I had her wait until I got on the Apple veterans webpage and let her select the color and size and ordered it for her with a 10% discount. So bigger is not always best for some and some don't care about the latest whiz bang features but will get what best fits their wants.

Reactions: davedvdy

ACE_350

Cancelled
Aug 12, 2013
I went with the Pro. Even though most phones these days aren’t true “one handed devices” the Pro is just much easier to handle in general. It fits in my pockets with no issues. It takes less space on my desk, it takes less space sitting in the center console in my case or cubby space while driving, it’s just easier.

I found the 14 Pro Max just to be too much. The trade off in handling wasn’t worth it for me. The Pro’s screen is big enough for light media consumption and I find the battery life even on the Pro to be more than acceptable, in fact to be honest, for my own usage the battery life on the Pro Max would start to hit diminishing returns. My main media consumption is still done on my TV and laptop. My phone is still my phone, if that makes sense.

Reactions: dms_91 and koigirl

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
It’s too heavy so I have been sticking to the normal pro size since iPhone 11Pro.
The battery & larger screen are great draws, however not with the weight and size penalty.
If they substantially reduce the weight, I will upgrade to the bigger size.
As it stands the 14+ is not an acceptable option.

slyronit

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2020
The Pro size is perfect for me. Even though Pro 14 has much better battery life than Pro 12, I went with the Pro Max 14 to end my battery woes once and for all.

kathy456

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2022
The only really major difference between the iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max is the size of the two phones. Pro max obivously.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2022
You got to decide what size you are willing to put up with.

My last three iPhone have been the Pro Max and have no regrets.

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
I don't have big hands. Fortunately I have always had the largest phone I could find, so I've trained up for the Max. :D

I played with a 13 Pro before deciding and while it is certainly nice, I like bigger screens.

Reactions: Jackbequickly

iAppleOrchard

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2022
Colorado
Personally, I see this as a size preference.
I would go with the Pro because I can't go bigger than 6.1 inches. I like 1 handed use better tbh.

• Wow
Reactions: Mcuserr

Chips Stephens

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2020
I had the 13 pro last round, just ordered a 14 pro max, I have been fond of smaller phones, yet as my eyes age, I found myself using my iPad more, and frustration using the litttle phone, so this time going pro max, my eyes just need the bigger screen, I also have learned my lesson about phones In the pocket , or even in my hand, outside the house, the phone goes in backpack to travel, I lost 2 falling out of my pocket into the water, I have to take a boat to get to work, and my last loss, a black phone , in a black case , late at night, sat on a black car while loading up stuff , drove off with the phone sitting outside the car, was lost forever, pinged it’s last ping, at the second turn. So pocket size has been a bad thing for me…..over the years.

for me, I think the larger size , should be a bonus.
for you? Only you know that.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I’m a Pro Max user but I couldn’t really influence others as I know large phones are not for everybody. My wife used my current iPhone for a week and hated it, so it’s not for everybody. There are occasions when the extra bulk is a real pain and I nearly always have to remove the phone from my pocket when sitting down. All depends on the individual.

Torty

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2013
Chose the max. Now the Ipad can stay at home and next iPad will be the big one.

MayfairMissy

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2021
Last year I owned first the 13 Pro Max than the normal 13 Pro. Both had great battery life. This year I first went with the regular 14 Pro and was kind of shocked about the miserable battery performance. I turned off the always on display and for 2 to 3 months it didn't get better. A few days ago I bought the 14 Pro Max to be able to return to a great battery experience again.

Reactions: Jackbequickly
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.