Pro Tip - Unlocking your iPhone 5s/6/6+ fast

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wongster41, Sep 22, 2014.

1. wongster41, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014

wongster41 macrumors regular

Probably already been discussed on this thread but coming from an iPhone 5 to 6, this is new to me. Usually I hit the home button, slide across the screen to get to the enter my passcode screen, rest my thumb on the home button to unlock the device or enter in my passcode to access my home screen.

Yesterday I found out I could just click on the home button once to wake it up but just rest my thumb after clicking the home button to access my home screen skipping the screen that ask for your passcode, it's much faster way to unlock your device. Hope this helps!

edit: clarifying I know it's touch ID

2. cosminnn93 macrumors member

3. macduke Suspended

macduke

I had already figured this out, but some of us are coming from the iPhone 5 after our two year contracts expired so this Touch ID business is brand new! Sure we tried the demo in the store setting it up and seeing it work, but using it every day to unlock is a different story. I still keep going to swipe and then use my finger because I forget. At first I kept holding down the button and it was activating Siri, lol. It certainly takes a while to reprogram your brain after doing it the same way since June 2007!

I might be crazy, but I could swear that if I lift my finger up early, it takes less time than if I leave my finger down until it unlocks. Anyone else notice this?

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Yeah, that would be TouchID....