Pro Tools and OS X 10.4.10

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Dronomophone, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Dronomophone macrumors regular

Is it a bad idea to install 10.4.10 now? Should I hold off until i hear from digidesign that pro tools is compatible?

2. JHacker macrumors 6502

JHacker

This is exactly what I want to know. What are you running? I'm running LE 7.3. Hopefully someone will chime in.

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

yes, it's a bad idea. unless you want PT to crash, then it's a fantastic idea :)

(actually, it might work, but more likely it will not until digi releases a cs update)

4. gaiamark macrumors newbie

gaiamark

I am using a Macbook Pro 2.33 17", running Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3.1 on OS X 10.4.10 with absolutely no problems :]

I just did the combo update.

5. Finaldrive macrumors newbie

updated to 10.4.10 with problems

Yeah, I updated now my LE 7.1.3 won't launch. Just bounces a couple times.

Any suggestions?

Is it possible to go back?

PT LE 7.1.3
    iMAC (intel) 10.4.10

6. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

yes. next time, read the digi compatability pages first. also, go the DUC for instructions on things you can do when PT won't launch (like trashing databases and such). do that before you reinstall osx.

reinstall tiger from your CD then do the combo update to whatever version you want to run. i'm running a very stable 10.4.6, fwiw, but still on PTLE 7.0.

7. gaiamark macrumors newbie

gaiamark

Before you roll back to 10.4.9, try simply changing the name of the Pro Tools application. I've had problems now and then with Pro Tools bouncing a few times and then not opening. It is always solved for me by simply putting an extra character at the end of the name, like "Pro Tools M-Powered1.app"

It's worth a try ;]

8. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i wonder if that does things like force new .plists to be created, or new PT databases, or prefs. trashing that kind of stuff is part of the digi checklist for getting PT to run.

9. sangamc macrumors newbie

the prebind script works about 99% of the time for me, especially after i-tunes or quick time updates. you can download it from the digi website

10. raullocatelli macrumors newbie

mbox vs macbook

I´ve got the new black MacBook and the Mbox2, and It´s imposible to make it work. Do you have any idea how, or if this problem will be solved soon?

11. JHacker macrumors 6502

JHacker

Yes my friend just got a brand new MBP and got Pro Tools 7.3 It's already working fine on my system with 10.4.10, but his icon would just bounce in the dock. Pre-bind script worked like a charm on 10.4.10 - even though it was for 10.4.9 I suppose.

12. songweaver macrumors newbie

Problem with screen freezing up

With the10.4.9 and 10.4.10 update with the prebinding, I was able to open up Pro Tools, but I have a weird problem that I haven't heard before. I will open up a session with Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3.1 and when I try to do something it will gray out, showing the symbol of the power button saying I need to power off the computer. It says it everytime. I tried reformating the hardrives and when I loaded up again still same problems. I even downloaded the combo updates that they recommeded and still same thing. I had to revert back to 10.4.8 to make it work. Any suggestions?