pro tools le 10.4.10

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by famicom69, Oct 26, 2007.

1. famicom69 macrumors newbie

hello there. as a recent mac convert, i picked up a macbook pro 15'' 2.4 for my uni course as i will be setting up and editing a music video in final cut and in my final year, recording an album. ive always used my pro tools le 7 and mbox2 setup on my pc, but as the computer is tucked away under the stairs at my parents house, i lacked portability.

its a lovely laptop and im really happy with it apart from the fact it came pre installed with the dreaded 10.4.10 update, the anti pro tools. ive heard countless tales and cant get around this. so basically im playing a waiting game. being an utter noob in this macintosh business, what are your experiences with updates? will digidesign EVER help people get pro tools le 7 running on 10.4.10? is it possible? would i have to upgrade to leopard when pro tools is compatible along with other programs i use, like photoshop/artrage/final cut? how long will i have to wait?

most people stuck with 10.4.9, but its just my luck i guess. being new to macs, a problem like this is something that completely flew past me. i need my pro tools, but its just not happening as of yet.

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

3. famicom69 thread starter macrumors newbie

i ran opened and ran the pre binding script to no avail. it said something along the lines of everything was fine and nothing needed to be fixed. driving me crazy haha.

4. famicom69 thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry to go on, but is there anyway you can use logic pro 8 through an mbox2?

thanks for your time.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yes you can use Mbox 2 with Logic. The Mbox can function as an audio input device with most of your mac applications. You can set it as an input device in prefences / hardware setup.

:)