Pro Tools + Leopard

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by airkarol, Feb 17, 2008.

1. airkarol macrumors 6502

Has anyone heard about an update yet? Digidesign is usually slow on these things, but I'm not having a lot of fun using bootcamp. :(

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

digi announced last week that they support leopard now, but, as always, check their compatibility pages for your particular setup.

3. jacobluecke macrumors member

jacobluecke

I'd heard that protools didn't work with leopard, but in my experience it works just fine.
    I haven't had any problems since moving up to leopard a month ago.

4. zygo macrumors member

Their site says their supporting HD.

I have an m-powered 7.3 with an m-audio FW1814. OS X 10.5.2

The soundcard worked fine [using 10.4.10 drivers] until I installed PT. Now whenever I boot with the soundcard switched on it causes a kernel panic when it tries to boot the card.

Only tried as I'd heard others say they had it working no problems.

Knew it was too good to be true.

Logic for all future projects I think.

5. JonD25 macrumors 6502

Pro Tools LE 7.4 has been working for me in Leopard just fine for the past month or so.

6. azenis macrumors newbie

I am hoping that the official "working release" of PT for leopard is not far off. I have a Mac Pro on order its gonna be here soon. I am switching from PC to Mac and use protools.

Does anyone know if an M-Box will work ok on a 8 core Mac Pro under boot camp? As Digidesign say they are not supporting the 8 core machines yet, but I wonder if that counts in winblows as well as OSX??

7. zygo macrumors member

I have now isolated my kernel panic issue to the FW1814 and my NI Kore [1] controller.

After doing a fresh install of soundcard, kore and PT everything works ok, as long as I don't have the Kore + FW1814 plugged in at the same time.

Pro tools works fine-haven't stressed it yet, but it opens and plays my sessions. I'm running OS X 10.5.2 with PT M-powered 7.3

The kore/FW1814 issue seems to be a problem specific to my machine-the NI tech support are running both devices and haven't had any problems.

8. Thrill23 macrumors newbie

New Mac User

I purchased an Mbox 2 about two years ago (I think) and still have my pro-tools 7 disc. I just purchased a macbook pro 15" 2.5 GHZ and cannot get it to run. I want to upgrade to 7.4, but how will it work when I can't get 7.0 to work. If anyone has any input please e-mail me at thrill23@mac.com

9. thewright1 macrumors regular

thewright1

Same Boat

I'm in the same boat. I purchased an Mbox 2 about 2 years ago and used it on my PC. I recently got a Macbook Pro running:

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I have software for Pro Tools 6.8.1 which I can't get to run on my Mac. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this upgraded to PT 7.4?

10. Eithanius macrumors 65816

Buy the upgrade of course... :rolleyes:

$75 for an upgrade if I'm not mistaken...

11. guitarmouth89 macrumors newbie

suggestions?

I have a Mac Mini with Leopard, and I am trying to run Pro Tools LE 7.0. I installed without any problems. however, when i engage the program, it freezes at the load screen and a message pops up - "looking for hardware." obviously my mbox is plugged in, but no lights come at any point. i've also tested the mbox 2 on another system and works fine. Now, I know its not compatible with Leopard yet, but I was wondering if anyone knew when Digi Design is releasing a compatible version or if there is anything else I can do (besides running it through Boot Camp) to run this program. thanks in advance

12. BCains macrumors regular

Digidesign has given the go ahead fro PT 7.4.1 HD on 10.5.1

But some people have said they systems are working fine on leopard.

13. cschreppel macrumors regular

PTHD is fine with Leopard. I'm running PTLE 7.4 w/ the most recent version of Leopard...no problems. Digidesign just made a post on the DUC (Digidesign User Conference) saying that full support for PTLE is still 1-2 months away.