Pro Tools Mbox 2 Not Recognized

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by msizzle64, Jul 19, 2008.

1. msizzle64 macrumors 6502

msizzle64

I'm not a protools user but my friend uses pro tools with an Mbox2 and he upgraded to leopard not knowing it was going to mess up pro tools. so he asked me to downgrade him to tiger and pro tools launches again and everything but the Mbox doesnt want to turn on. so i guess the MIDI is all messed up on his computer. in system preferences it say "Mbox2 not connected" when it was. i had him go into Audio MIDI Setup and the Mbox2 showed up but i'm unfamiliar with all this so i didn't know what to do. any ideas on what to do? please help!

2. Chairman Plow macrumors regular

Chairman Plow

What version of Pro Tools is he using? The latest version 7.4.2 is fully compatible with Leopard. Completely uninstall all versions of PT on the Mac, repair permissions and restart. Do a fresh install of Pro Tools without plugging in the M-Box. After the install is complete and the Mac restarts, plug in the M-Box. It should light up, and be ready to go. Let me know how it goes.

3. msizzle64 thread starter macrumors 6502

msizzle64

He's using version 7.0 i think. but the problem is that he misplaced his install disks and serial number. i was hoping there is a way to fix the problem without reinstalling.

4. Chairman Plow macrumors regular

Chairman Plow

Unfortunately I don't think there's any way around it, from the problem you're describing. Need to find the serial though.... with that he could at least download a new installer from the Digidesign website.