Pro Tools Plugin Question

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Audiogeek, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Audiogeek macrumors newbie

I spent the last hour installing a massive amount of plugins and none of them are showing up under my inserts. These plugins include Waves 4.0, Sony Oxford, Melodyne, and Neodymium just to name a few. I've run the install with the default settings. I've tried specifying the library/audio/plugin folder. I've tried library/app support/ digidesign/plugins. Nothing works. Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

did you try the various manufacturers' tech support?

or maybe you didn't pay for the plug-ins...

3. Audiogeek thread starter macrumors newbie

I appreciate your insinuation, but yes I did pay for them. I wanted to try here first because I hate dealing with tech support people.

4. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

The correct path is HD/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-ins.

What OS version are you running, what version of Protools and which hardware?

5. Audiogeek thread starter macrumors newbie

Pro Tools LE 7.4, Mbox, Leopard 10.5.3

Also, when I install the waves plugins it always sends it to the applications folder. Will copying them into the Pro Tools folder work, or do I need to specify that folder in the install?

6. BCains macrumors regular

For third-party Pro Tools plug-ins you'll have to visit their websites for news
    and plug-in update availability, as it may not be compatible with 10.5.3 as yet.

Also you can upgrade to 7.4.2 (digidesign page for download) thats now compatible with 10.5.3

7. junior macrumors 6502a

junior

No. The actual waves plugins will always be in the application folder, but you should see the Waveshell files in the digidesign plugin folder (they access the plugins in the app folder).
    I seriously doubt waves 4 being compatible with Leopard.

If you want help, list all the version numbers of every single plugins that aren't working.
    When you install these plugins, are you actually seeing them in HD/libray/Application support/Digidesign/Plugins?
    If they're there and PT won't recognize them, then I think the obvious answer is that they're out of date.
    If you've paid for them, it shouldn't be a problem downloading updaters apart from Waves.