Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brand, Jul 1, 2012.

1. brand macrumors 601

brand

Why do people use the word Pro as an excuse to justify their opinions of what should be included and how it should be designed? The word Pro does not mean that a computer is required to have certain features, hardware, or be designed a certain way. Two different Professionals can can have, need, want, or require different features, hardware, or designs. You opinion does not dictate what the MacBook Pro is or should be, Apple does. At the end of the day a computer is just a tool. If you are not able to use it to get the job done find or use a different tool.

Sorry for the rant.

2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

But... but.. I'm a REAL pro! Any laptop without an RS232 port just isn't a real pro machine.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your rant (#4,327 on this particular topic) has been duly noted.

4. brand thread starter macrumors 601

brand

I know and thanks for understanding, again I'm sorry. I guess it just been wearing on me with all the MBPr posts. For what's it worth I am a pro user and can't wait for mine to arrive. Unfortunately the estimated delivery date is when we are out of town on vacation. Apple has always under promised and over delivered with shipping though so I am not too worried.

5. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

So then, why do you? Knock it off, your just wasting bandwidth......

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

7. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Seriously, who cares? Find something more relevant to worry about... like starving children or something.

8. Slivortal macrumors 6502

I agree with this post, and dislike to a larger extent, people who use the "pro user" or "pro application" monikers. There are far better and less elitist terms to use to describe yourself if you find computers to be one of your main tools.

I personally am a computer scientist who likes to use virtualization and disassembly applications to further my understanding of how operating systems and computer security work. You may be a web designer who likes to use scripting languages to provide high-level products to potential customers. If either of us are "professional," that should be a term gained by the respect of others, certainly not one we use to seemingly describe a small portion of a wide swath of tools that professionals use, or one of many computer-intensive positions a professional could have.

Especially to use the "pro" monitor to somehow connect yourselves to a MacBook Pro. An MBP is simply a tool that makes the lives of computer users easier - to try and convince yourself that one must somehow be "worthy" of it is just you being gullible and falling for Apple's marketing ploy.

"Wise is he who knows the extent of his own ignorance."

9. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

A professional is solely determined by the fruits of his/her output, the result not the hardware list on a forum. Some produce, some consume only the individual truly knows which side of the fence they sit...