Proactive assistant?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by marlonapp, Jul 10, 2015.

1. marlonapp macrumors newbie

Just upgraded to the iOS 9 Beta. Is Proactive Assistant part of this? I am not seeing anything and can't find any info online. Thanks for any help!

2. stusgt67 macrumors regular

stusgt67

3. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Which device is it? There are different reasons it may not appear.

4. marlonapp thread starter macrumors newbie

iPhone 6, A1549.

5. amirite macrumors 6502a

It's not an app or something. It's just a feature that shows things on the search page and in notification center etc

6. asu1996 macrumors member

I have a 5s, I have everything turned on I am supposed too, have tried resetting multiple times, have given it a full 24 hours on my phone and yet no proactive results on the search page, just blank with the search bar at the top. I have tried everything believe me and nothing so I am at a total loss on how to get things to show up there.

7. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

go to Settings -> General -> Spotlight Search, and turn Siri Suggestions off. Reboot, then turn them back on.

Most of Proactive's abilities (searching within Apps and Siri being able to analyze content within an app) won't be functional until iOS 9 launches in the fall.

8. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

If you only see the search bar then you need to reset all settings and it will start working. I did the same and I can see the info there now

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Tried resetting all settings (which fixed a few other glitches) and disabling, rebooting, and enabling again, and unfortunately none of that did anything--just getting the search bar and that's it.

10. vavalent macrumors member

vavalent

If you're not being in US like me, you will never see any new search features apart from the Siri Suggestions.

11. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

is low power mode enabled? Disable it as well.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Nope, never enabled that yet.

13. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

no idea then. mine worked like this!

14. humar macrumors 6502

humar

Same here, 5S updated to the public beta, blank page with the search field on top. Nothing more.. Trying resetting all settings..

15. verpeiler macrumors 6502a

verpeiler

It's a bug.. it will get fixed in a future patch.

16. daijholt macrumors 6502a

daijholt

When you swipe left, do you see just the search bar, or do you get the little message underneath it that says "spotlight can now search this that and the other......." if you see that message, you just have to wait for things to show up. If you don't, i fixed it by signing out of iCloud, rebooting, and signing back in again. that seemed to kick it into gear.

17. marlonapp thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried all that was suggested above and still no message underneath. Will wait for the patch. In the US, btw.