Proactive Search "nearby" circles

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by deadlock, Sep 29, 2015.

1. deadlock macrumors newbie

Is it my imagination or have Apple turned on the UK Nearby feed for the Proactive Siri screen (swipe right)?

They're still not there in Maps, but I swear I've not seen them on the Search screen before this morning...

2. Sleaka J, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015

Sleaka J macrumors regular

Sleaka J

I only just noticed today "nearby" re-appear on my iPad running public beta 9.1 here in Australia. I did see them during the various public betas of 9.0, but they haven't been there for some time now.

They also appear in Maps on my iPad, but you have to tap the search bar for them to show up.

"Nearby" does not appear on my iPhone running 9.0.1 at all currently.

Edit: Correction. It now appears on my iPhone on the Proactive Search screen, but not in Maps!

3. GreyOS macrumors 68030

yes they were removed from both proactive siri suggestions and maps in the UK for 9.0 despite being in the betas.

4. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

You are right. The same think happened in Germany. Saw them for the first time this morning. News Suggestions still only work if I'm on cellular data though.

5. nick19 macrumors member

nick19

Yes, I noticed them this morning for the first time on the Search screen on iOS 9.0.2 although as the morning has gone on some of the options have disappeared. I'm now left with Lunch, Coffee, Shopping and Petrol. There was an ATMs option earlier this morning but that's now gone.

6. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Oooh nice. You're right! Nearby is back also here in Canada for the proactive screen. We had it all during beta but Apple removed it when they released the GM on September 9th for everywhere except US and China. I sent feedback and I'm sure many others have as well, glad to see it back. Nice catch OP.

7. Sleaka J macrumors regular

Sleaka J

I'm guessing the 4 options available on the search screen are context sensitive. Over the last couple of hours, I've noticed they've changed and I'd say it depends on the time. One of them used to say "Dinner" (as it's night time here in Australia), but now that it's past 9pm, "Nightlife" has appear in the list and "Dinner" is gone.

8. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I don't know if you played with the beta during the summer. But the Nearby icons will always change based on time of day, so it suggests places or types of places that matter more to that time of day. An example, it won't suggest movie theatres in the morning but it will in the evening...and so on.

9. johny979 macrumors regular

johny979

In ios9 in Spain, Today appears nearby places
    Until today doesn´t appears

10. skwood macrumors 6502a

skwood

Yes I believe they flipped the switch on the backend at the same time they added new flyover cities. Nice to see it's back.

11. dadiduekappa macrumors regular

dadiduekappa

It happended in Italy too. In proactive search screen and in maps search screen.

12. SoYoung macrumors 6502

I'm in Canada. It was here yesterday but now its gone again in both my phone and iPad.

13. bushido Suspended

bushido

they just disappeared again in Germany at least for me and a few friends

14. venividivigor macrumors 6502

15. johny979 macrumors regular

johny979

16. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Mine were definitely there yesterday, i'm in the UK, and just checked again now and they've disappeared again.

17. dadiduekappa macrumors regular

dadiduekappa

Still there today but not in maps, only in proactive screen (maybe if I restart my phone they will go)

18. GreyOS macrumors 68030

Yes came and went here too. In the UK I noticed corner shop was an option. Maybe I'm wrong but seems like quite a localised option so it's definitely being worked on and not just US features spilling over

19. nick19 macrumors member

nick19

20. Sleaka J macrumors regular

Sleaka J

As of this moment, in Australia, "Nearby" still appears on both my iPad and iPhone on the proactive screen, but just like yesterday only in Maps on my iPad.

21. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I still see Nearby here in Canada on my Proactive Search screen. Hasn't gone away for me.

22. Sleaka J, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015

Sleaka J macrumors regular

Sleaka J

And now at 9:20pm here in Australia, "Nearby" has disappeared from my iPhone running 9.0.1. Still on my iPad running public beta 9.1 though...

Edit: 10:30pm and its gone from my iPad.

23. skwood macrumors 6502a

skwood

24. venividivigor macrumors 6502

25. HeusiHH macrumors newbie

Since tonight nearby places are back in Germany ...