Probability of a MBP Refresh in a couple months?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Khryz, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Khryz macrumors 6502a

I know the MBP's were just upgraded 3 months ago - do you think that they will get a slight refresh within another couple months or more like Winter?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The probability is somewhere in between 0 and 1 on this.

Maybe they'll get one in "like" winter, but it's all conjecture. The next update will just be minor spec bumps anyways.

3. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

Maybe a little in nov or dec, but most probably not

4. toffa813 macrumors regular

There's a decent chance there's a small speed bump that Apple does quietly. I read (maybe on this site?) that the i7 will go from 2.66 ghz to 2.8 (3.46 w/ turbo boost). But it'll be next year before anything major happens I would think.

5. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh ok.

So basically it's not worth me waiting 3-6 months for a minor spec-bump .. I'll buy now. :D

6. Identity Fraud macrumors 6502

I was thinking of waiting too but realized I'd rather have use of the notebook over the next 3-6 months and took the plunge.

7. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

8. shortys408 macrumors regular

isnt intel stopping the production of the core 2 duo. Apple would have no choice but to update it.

9. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

They have a stockpile of those things that will last until they damn well feel like updating, lol. Plus it seems like OP was looking at a 15 or 17 anyhow.

10. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

The next "big" boost in the MBP's will be the implementation of Sandy Bridge, which is probably a good year away or so.

11. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

true say, man. if we always waited for next little bump we'd be waiting forever and never get our laptops!

12. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yup. I ordered my new i7 MBP tonight. So excited and can't wait until it gets here. This 3 y/o MB still great (recently did a clean install) and as fast as it was when I bought it but I want something better.

My little brother is happy he gets this one. He's got a Dell Inspiron that's crashed literally 12 times already with a clean install after each one.

13. Meever macrumors 6502a

I'm more curious about the gpu. Is Apple going to dump nvidia for ati? Nvidia really has nothing going on for good performance low power cards right now. They released the 330m like a year ago and released absolutely nothing until the new mobile fermis.... which are an absolute joke for a mobile card.

14. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

15. KidZgOtMac macrumors regular

KidZgOtMac

Word!

16. elleana macrumors regular

Whenever the refreshes happen, you'll at least have had been using a mbp for however many months the refreshes take to happen. That must be worth something, definitely.

17. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

if you don't have it, you can't use it
    but seriously, refreshes this year will probably be done to other apple products