Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Hi,

So let's say next week I were to go into an apple retail store and ask for a base macbook pro. What do you suspect is the probability that there is a major issue (i.e. 1/3 yellow screen, dead pixels, loud noises, etc...) with the machine?

When I got a 24" iMac a few months ago only the fifth one I received did not have a major issue.

I just want to know if I should wait it out...until Apple "fixes" the kinks with the new mbps. I just don't feel it's right that I spend $2000 knowing that it will have a yellowish screen. Any thoughts? Thanks.

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
It's very likely that you'll get a good MacBook Pro. People are more likely to post about their problems than when they are happy.

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
i personally have never seen any yellowish display issues nor experienced any problems with my new 2.4GHz MacBook Pro. I think it is hands down the single best notebook I have ever owned. Like the poster above me, a lot of people on here only post about things that bother them, not the positives so it can disproportionately appear in one direction; moreover you have to take into account some of the people posting just complain about every possible thing a lot of which seems more imagined than real.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
I think both of you make very good points. It's funny though...when I go to the apple store, none of the macbooks "vibrated", but my family had to return the mb we have 4 times before we got one that didn't vibrate at the wrist (one of them was DOA!).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.