Probably a stretch for an app but...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NDimichino, Feb 20, 2008.

1. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

I was driving in the car today with my iPhone headphones in my right ear so if I get a call I don't have to go digging in my pocket while I'm on the road. I love the speaker and the ability to answer with the push of the button.

I began thinking about messaging. When you receive an SMS, the noise rings in your ears but you obviously have to take the phone out to read/reply to the message. What if there was an app designed to work with the iPhone headphones to read your message to you, then give you the choice to reply with a click, double-click to ignore.

If you click once to reply, you will then be prompted to talk, with the app recording and typing your words into a text, and sending with a click, or reading it back to you with a double-click to make sure it's correct.

I'm sure you would end up sending incoherent messages because it would have tons of mistakes but if you just were able to say and send "Driving, call me," without having to even think about taking your phone out of your pocket while driving or walking, and have that person call, I just think would be pretty beneficial.

I don't know, definitely a real stretch, but if it could work it would be awesome.

2. MrT8064 macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

sounds very cool, perhaps a more realistic app along the same lines would be: get a text message, click to automatically read it, double click to phone the person?

i like the idea!

3. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

That sounds more reasonable. This would be pretty cool and is something I would probably pay a few dollars for if it was an app for sale.

4. NDimichino thread starter macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Haha yeah that's a lot better and a ton more realistic, but I know they have the technology so obviously I shot for the moon... anyone else have any ridiculous suggestions for apps?