Probably a stupid question but Here it goes lol

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djmitchcraven1, Mar 7, 2012.

1. djmitchcraven1 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone! so I downloaded about 30 songs onto my Macbook Pro so I can burn a couple of CDs. Usually, I use my old Windows laptop for music since Im trying to keep as much space open on my MBP because of all the music programs I have to put on it in the next week. At this moment I have had to use my MBP for my CD making and had one question for everyone: Since I no longer need the music on my MBP, if I just drag and drop it into the trash will the music 100% off the MBP hard drive/memory? JUst checking everyone sorry for the computer illiteracy lol

2. simsaladimbamba

3. djmitchcraven1 thread starter macrumors newbie

well thank you I appreciate your helpfulness. SO thats all I gotta do and the space is freed up again?

4. slu macrumors 68000

slu

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

If you used iTunes you can just highlight the files in iTunes and hit delete. Then say yes to the move the files to the trash question. But if you didn't use iTunes, then the previous advice is best.

5. djmitchcraven1 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes IM using iTunes. SO just delete it form iTunes and its gone 100%

6. Zakoth macrumors member

You select all the songs and click delete and then empty the trash bin.

7. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

make SURE you see the window asking what you want to do with the files;
    you want them in the trash (not just removed from being listed in iTunes)...

8. snaky69 macrumors 603

I'm not sure what music software you're talking about, but even if you had logic, ableton or something of the sort, hard drive space would not be an issue on the MBP. You can keep your music on the computer. Having more hard drive space free won't make your computer any faster.

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I was going to say, the max we could be talking about here is like 500MB, not to much space on newer drive. But, as others have said, you can just delete the files and you'll be fine unless the program you used for burning has created a copy somewhere on your computer. Just look at the files created in the last x amount of time since you put the tracks on.