Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djmitchcraven1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2012
Hey everyone! so I downloaded about 30 songs onto my Macbook Pro so I can burn a couple of CDs. Usually, I use my old Windows laptop for music since Im trying to keep as much space open on my MBP because of all the music programs I have to put on it in the next week. At this moment I have had to use my MBP for my CD making and had one question for everyone: Since I no longer need the music on my MBP, if I just drag and drop it into the trash will the music 100% off the MBP hard drive/memory? JUst checking everyone sorry for the computer illiteracy lol

djmitchcraven1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2012
well thank you I appreciate your helpfulness. SO thats all I gotta do and the space is freed up again?

slu

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2004
Buffalo
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

If you used iTunes you can just highlight the files in iTunes and hit delete. Then say yes to the move the files to the trash question. But if you didn't use iTunes, then the previous advice is best.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Hey everyone! so I downloaded about 30 songs onto my Macbook Pro so I can burn a couple of CDs. Usually, I use my old Windows laptop for music since Im trying to keep as much space open on my MBP because of all the music programs I have to put on it in the next week. At this moment I have had to use my MBP for my CD making and had one question for everyone: Since I no longer need the music on my MBP, if I just drag and drop it into the trash will the music 100% off the MBP hard drive/memory? JUst checking everyone sorry for the computer illiteracy lol

I'm not sure what music software you're talking about, but even if you had logic, ableton or something of the sort, hard drive space would not be an issue on the MBP. You can keep your music on the computer. Having more hard drive space free won't make your computer any faster.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
I'm not sure what music software you're talking about, but even if you had logic, ableton or something of the sort, hard drive space would not be an issue on the MBP. You can keep your music on the computer. Having more hard drive space free won't make your computer any faster.

I was going to say, the max we could be talking about here is like 500MB, not to much space on newer drive. But, as others have said, you can just delete the files and you'll be fine unless the program you used for burning has created a copy somewhere on your computer. Just look at the files created in the last x amount of time since you put the tracks on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.