Probably a stupid question - but I'm really stuck!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by sunfast, Oct 5, 2007.

1. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

So I have a website - www.teamnimrod.com

Built a site in iWeb 06 a year or so ago called teamnimrodv4 which I uplaoded via ftp. The index file in the teamnimrod.com root redirected to the welcome page inside the teamnimrodv4 folder.

Since getting iWeb 08 I've built a new site (teamnimrodv5). I've updated the index.html file but when I go to www.teamnimrod.com it tries to redirect to the old site. But going to teamnimrod.com works and so so does going to www.teamnimrod.com/index.html

This is in internet exploiter by the way - it works fine in safari.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

What technique are you using to redirect the page? Maybe IE doesn't know how to handle it. Just an idea.

3. Spanners macrumors member

I'd say this is probably a caching issue. I've just opened your site in IE and it works fine. I went to http://www.teamnimrod.com and I am looking at v5.

4. sunfast thread starter macrumors 68020

sunfast

I'm just redirecting with a file index.html sitting in the root of www.teamnimrod.com which links to teamnimrodv5/news.html

To get round it, I've put another index.html (renamed Welcome.html) where the old redirection went. So going to www.teamnimrod.com gets me there but indirectly!

It may be a caching issue of course - I've tried to clear it all out but it's still playing up.

Thanks for checking it out anyway Spanners :)