Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Captain Planet

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2007
Canada
So I want to buy a new iMac, and right now I'm on the page where is asks for the credit card type with the number and all that. But just on top of that, it shows the subtotal, then the shipping and then estimated tax. But at the tax part, it shows 0$. Is this normal? I mean I doubt I wouldn't pay tax...although it would be great:p After I enter my credit card info, will it show the total with the tax added? Or should it already be showing?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
It should show it once you've entered your shipping address. If you need to pay tax, believe me, they'll charge it. :)

Captain Planet

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2007
Canada
Well the shipping address is asked before the credit card info. I know I've entered the billing address, and then clicked on the box where it says something like "The billing address is the same as the shipping address". Could it be because of that? Maybe if I had just filled up both the addresses maybe I would show. I know I need to pay tax...it would be crazy if it didn't charge me any.

Helianthus

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2007
The tax will show up. But it will be after everything is finalized. I don't think I saw my tax until my confirmation email.

Captain Planet

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2007
Canada
Yeah, alright. Just wanted to make sure...because I would of went with a 24" instead of 20" if they didn't charge me taxes. :p

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
what state do you live in?
Picture 3.png

skwij

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2006
Belleville, ON, Canada
I remember loading the cart, changing my mind, loading it again, and doing everything except checking out.......

Then I got an email from apple.ca with a contact name, saying that when I was ready to purchase, to call the 1-800 number and he'd walk me thru it. So I did, once I'd saved the money to pay off the purchase on the Credit Card.

Couldn't have been happier, it was easy as pie, and the total, INCLUDING TAX was given to me over the phone.

I called on a Friday, and the next Tuesday, my Macbook was in my hot little hands, but I had to wait to power her up coz it was sooooo cold out, there was NO WAY I was risking powering up til she'd come to room temp.

Don't worry, you'll be charged the tax(es). ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.