Probably bought an iPad Pro 9.7 dirt cheap

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ljjycss, Jun 8, 2017.

1. ljjycss macrumors member

ljjycss

Intended to buy an iPad for my parents, I was looking for last year's iPad clearance after Apple announced new iPad Pro. Yesterday, I found 32gb cellular iPad Pro 9.7 was priced at $439.99 on Newegg. For comparison, Target is doing $100 off sale at $629. Product description is a total mess, but it is directly sold from Newegg. After chatting with customer service to make sure this is not a refurbished product, I placed my order. Newegg didn't even charge me for tax. Seconds after I placed my order, it was out of stock. Feeling really lucky, hope Newegg will honor this order.

Screenshot:
    1.png
    URL: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...cm_re=ipad_pro_9.7-_-24W-0002-005G4-_-Product

2. gobikerider macrumors 68020

gobikerider

Did you get any confirmation email?

3. ljjycss thread starter macrumors member

ljjycss

Yes. They charged my credit card and is packaging right now.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

That's an amazing price for that unit and its new. I'm not familiar with Newegg though.

5. gobikerider macrumors 68020

gobikerider

Newegg is the amazon of pc parts.

6. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Interesting. I typically never purchase from online retailers I'm not familiar with, I always research the return policy before anything. Although, if they have price points like this with other products and they are reputable, I will definitely keep watch. B&H Photo is my primary preference.

7. Alrescha macrumors 68020

I was pretty pleased with Newegg right up until a price increased between the time I added an item to my cart and the time I checked out (less than five minutes). Never again. B&H Photo is like my personal Amazon.com.

A.

8. dilutedq macrumors regular

That's not really dirt cheap.

9. gobikerider macrumors 68020

gobikerider

Dirt cheap no but considering it's for his parents you know it wasn't a bad deal at all. His parents can use that for atleast 4 years.

10. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck