Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
I'm kind of sick of waiting. My birthday is May.25th, and my parents are going to chip in a bit so I can get a Mac mini. Im just praying it comes by then. But if not, I'm tired of waiting. I used it for the first time at the little Apple booth at Best Buy and DAMM IS IT FAST! I clicked on iTunes and in about a millisecond it was on the screen. Takes about 10-15 seconds on my Windows machine...

Do you think Im making a mistake?

CWallace

macrumors G4
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I would wait. It is very likely that within the next 4-6 weeks a new Mac Mini will be launched, hopefully with the upcoming Montevina platform, but at least with the Penryn CPU which will be a bit quicker and will run cooler (which can help with the cramped confines of the Mini case).

A UK member reports that a UK vendor has said the current Mac Mini's are no longer available for order from Apple, so... *fingers crossed*

mreg376

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I'm kind of sick of waiting. My birthday is May.25th, and my parents are going to chip in a bit so I can get a Mac mini. Im just praying it comes by then. But if not, I'm tired of waiting. I used it for the first time at the little Apple booth at Best Buy and DAMM IS IT FAST! I clicked on iTunes and in about a millisecond it was on the screen. Takes about 10-15 seconds on my Windows machine...

Do you think Im making a mistake?

No. If you want one, buy it and enjoy it, now. There will always be updates. Whichever Mac you buy you'll be looking to buy a new one in a few years anyway. In the meantime you're denying yourself now. Even though the specs of the model-that-probably-doesn't-even-exist-yet will be better than the current models it doesn't mean it'll be a difference you'll even be able to feel. Go for it.

aimfire

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Sunnyvale, CA
Bah, I'm in the same boat... seems like whenever I need to get a new Mac, there's always an update "any time now", lol!

I need a Mini NOW, so I'm just gonna go buy one tonight, upgrade it myself to 2 gb ram. I figure at most, the next version of Mini will have a slight processor bump, wireless-N, maybe 2gb ram standard, but that's about it really.

But just in case something does come out next week, I'm going to buy it at Fry's where they have a very generous return policy with no re-stock fee.

MiBerb

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2008
Montréal, Qc
Not this week, next week

It's been a while that on every Tuesday you read a lot of comments like Ok no upgrade this week, I'll wait for next week.

You have to ask yourself two questions and you will have your answer.

1- Is the actual Mini fulfills my needs?

2- Is it in my price range ?

Hope it helps.

By the way, I didn't wait.

timestoby

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2007
north devon,uk
not that a mac mini is made for games,but id rather wait for the mini to have the x3100 instead of the gm95 or wotever the one is in at the moment.JUST HANG IN THERE ABIT MORE. im waitn to get a mini or macbook aswell and it is hard to wait lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.