Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

babylo32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
hi everyone, i got problem with my boot camp, i deleted the drive for windows before and now i cant find it back or even cant create another partition for windows.. pls help..

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Have you used Boot Camp Assistant (BCA) to delete it?
Can't you use BCA to create a new one? Have you tried Disk Utility and seen, if there is an unformatted partition? What Mac OS X version do you have?

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses. (see rule #3 under Minor Problems)
To edit your thread title, just click on the
edit.gif
button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Have you also taken a look at MRoogle, since that question may have been asked several times?

babylo32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
Mac OS X 10.6.4 what i using..i didnt delete it on boot camp but just eject it..not really know how to use disk ultility

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
How can you eject the Boot Camp partition?

Anyway, to see if it is still there, go to Disk Utility and see, if the Boot Camp partition shows up there, and if it does, click on it and see, if you can mount it, there is a blue icon for Mounting/Unmounting there.

Could it be, that you dragged the Boot Camp icon of the Finder's Sidebar? If so, click on your Macintosh HD icon and press CMD+ArrowUp and see, if the Boot Camp partition shows up there.

babylo32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
sorry to say that..i cant found anything you said..and try the patition but still cant,faild!

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
sorry to say that..i cant found anything you said..and try the patition but still cant,faild!

In other words, the Boot Camp partition does not show up in Finder and in Disk Utility?

What happens, if you us Boot Camp Assistant to create a Windows partition?

And can you remember how you ejected or deleted the Boot Camp partition?

babylo32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
really dont have what you talking..just like how you eject your externer HD..right click and eject..

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
really dont have what you talking..just like how you eject your externer HD..right click and eject..

Normally you can't eject the Boot Camp partition, and if you just ejected it, it is not deleted and should show up in Disk Utility.
Unless you have Boot Camp on an external HDD or second internal HDD.

What exact Mac do you have?

babylo32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
really dont know what wrong man..keep say fail..im using the latest iMac

babylo32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
when i going to continue the BCA then it say

The startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing Windows.

babylo32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
on partition part come out this

Partition failed with the error:

Could not modify partition map because filesystem verification failed

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
when i going to continue the BCA then it say

The startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing Windows.

And what does Disk Utility say? Ca you make a screenshot of the Disk Utility window, once when selected the HDD and once when selected the second partition, if there is one?

eskb6c.png

3097ler.png

babylo32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
dont know how to upload man..but i didnt saw any other drive in disk ulitily

babylo32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
actually i got the same thing on your screenshoot..really cant find the partition of window on my mac..tried everything dude..btw thanks for helping

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Seems like you need to backup your system via Time Machine or make a clone via Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper onto an external HDD and erase the entire HDD via Disk Utility from the Restore DVD and restore from the Time Machine backup or clone the cloned backup back to the internal HDD.

It seems, Windows is gone. Do you have at least the lost GBs back, meaning if you have an HDD with a capacity of 500GB and used BCA to make a 100GB partition for Windows and had one partition for Mac OS X with 400GB and one partition for Windows with 100GB, do you have gained the 100GB back and now have a 500GB partition for Mac OS X again?

babylo32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
yup..i get it back..since normal everything but just cant do anything for bootcamp..

babylo32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
last question..how to format..i still new in mac and scare got the wrong step..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.