Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unixfool

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
East Coast
Today around 6PM, I posted to 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues', the ' Issac Hayes Quits South Park' thread, no problem whatsoever. A few minutes ago, I attempted to post again, but I get a page saying I can't access it (unixfool, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: blahblahblah).

What gives? The thread isn't locked and I don't think I was banned (was I?). This has happened in the past, also, but I've never actually posted until today, so I couldn't have been banned BEFORE I posted.

Something wacky going on with the forums? I'm still attempting to search the forums to see if anyone else has had this issue in the past but I'm having trouble coming up with key words...I'll keep trying though.

EDIT:

"All registered forum members are allowed to view the forum, but only posters with 100 posts or more in other areas of the site, and a minimum of being registered for 10 days will be allowed to participate in political discussions in this forum."

OK, found that...now what's the deal with my being able to post in the first place, as my post count isn't even close to 100:

"Total Posts: 55 (0.93 posts per day)"

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Perhaps that thread was moved to the political forums from the general community area. I'm not sure, I wasn't following it and I've got 100 posts. :)

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
That thread was formerly in the Current Events forum, where all members could post.

Due to the nature of the discussion, it was moved into the Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum.

raster

macrumors regular
May 15, 2005
West
Yes, I can't post to the Scientologist are killing each other thread.
Is it because:
1. I am not god.
2. Only certain people here have the "Right" to post to religous threads?
3. Tom Cruise called and put a stop to it.
4. Isaac Hayes called and put a stop to it.
5. Scientologist Lawyers called and put a stop to it.
6. Mac Rumours is a cover for the Church of Scientology

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
All of the above.

More specifically however, number 2. As has already been said, once a thread is in the political forums only those with >100 posts can post to them.

stonyc

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2005
Michigan
raster said:
Yes, I can't post to the Scientologist are killing each other thread.
Is it because:
1. I am not god.
2. Only certain people here have the "Right" to post to religous threads?
3. Tom Cruise called and put a stop to it.
4. Isaac Hayes called and put a stop to it.
5. Scientologist Lawyers called and put a stop to it.
6. Mac Rumours is a cover for the Church of Scientology
As was mentioned, it started in the Current Events forum then was moved to the Political/Religious/Social forums because of the discussions taking place.

Therefore #2 now applies. The post minimum was put in place for forums like P/R/S and Marketplace because it helps to cut down on trolls and scammers. At least that's the way I read the situation..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.