Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IphoneFSU

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
is anyone else having any issues with their Edge network after jailbreaking with pwnged? I put in a T-mobile sim after Jailbreaking and the edge icon shows up but when i go to safari i get 'edge could not be activated, you're not a subscriber' type deal... anyway, so i take a friends iphone, which is also unlocked (bought it that way), and safari works just fine with tha same simcard using edge.

Please can anyone help me, i'm in fear that my Iphone doesnt function properly now!!!!!!

jeffmc

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
the SIM has NOTHING to do with edge

did you configure the EDGE settings even?

IphoneFSU

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
the SIM has NOTHING to do with edge

did you configure the EDGE settings even?

I've gone into the screen but i dont remember having do anything with the username and password. Unless there is more options to configure the edge settings?

jeffmc

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
I've gone into the screen but i dont remember having do anything with the username and password. Unless there is more options to configure the edge settings?

under APN is it blank?

it should be wap.voicestream.com or internet2.voicestream.com depending on the data plan you have

you do... have a.. data plan.. right?

IphoneFSU

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
under APN is it blank?

it should be wap.voicestream.com or internet2.voicestream.com depending on the data plan you have

you do... have a.. data plan.. right?

Yeah, i have the data plan... and the VPN is blank

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.