Problem after problem... Sound, Screens

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phalewhale, May 21, 2008.

1. phalewhale macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

Hey all, I'm starting to get a little pissed with Apple. My current setup is a SR 2.2GHz MBP, 23" Apple Cinema Display, external monitor speakers via high quality cable to an Amp, and a high quality monster cable (from headphone out on MBP) to my Amp. I'm getting a low noise hum through my speakers, as well as interference noises whilst scrolling using my wireless mighty mouse. Using a wired mighty mouse results in the same thing. It's strange. Sometimes it occurs without using the mouse. It can occur when switching between spaces too.

When I disconnect the ACD, and have only the speakers connected, there is no noise. Why would my ACD be causing this to occur?

In addition, I'm using the ACD as my main display and notice that remnants of a window will remain "ghosted" or "burned in" when switching between spaces. This is only temporary and the effect disappears when another window is placed on top of the desktop or the previous window.

I'm getting pissed because:

:apple:I have had to return two iMacs because of hairs underneath the glass panel, uneven backlighting and fan noise.
    :apple:My MBP has a bright white dot on it.
    :apple:I had 2 previous MBP's last year whose screens suffered terribly from yellowing and uneven backlighting.
    :apple:I had 2 MB's last year which made a similar weird hum (but no interference noises) from my speakers exactly 30 seconds after the power cable was disconnected. Meaning, while the MB was running off of the battery. This happened like clock work every time. A Dell Inspiron didn't make any noise when connected to the same setup (minus the ACD) and neither did the iMac's I have had.

Can anyone shed any light on the current problem I'm having? I was considering purchasing a mac pro but given the quality issues I seem to have been experiencing I am reluctant to do so.

2. hamer69 macrumors newbie

hamer69

Wow! That's a whole load of problems..I'm sorry to say but you must have a bad vendor selling things with such quality!:( I don't have any solutions, but I'm just trying to symphatize with you. No offense kay.

I won't know your surroundings, but maybe they are Electro-Magnetic Interference??? Maybe a high-tension tower cable near your place?? Or the electrical grounding of your house is poor that causes the hums and all that??

Or it's just the sub-standard quality of the equipment. :eek:

3. phalewhale thread starter macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

Well, I've been to 3 different Apple Stores and the online store all in all... Just bad luck or quality issues? It'd be interesting to find out how many people have a similar setup who don't have problems...

This was something I have considered. I'm not close to a high tension tower. In terms of grounding, I'll admit that this hasn't fully been investigated but the fact that the old Dell worked in the same setup when the 2 MB's I had last year didn't. I need to hook the Dell up the my speakers and the monitor and I will report back...

That's what I'm leaning towards based on the evidence of my experiences so far. I'm quite cheesed off to be honest!!!