Problem after removing iphone glass

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by defcon593, Oct 19, 2008.

1. defcon593 macrumors newbie

I've read about how people have taken off the front glass because of cracks and put a new one on it or have put a peice of plastic in its place. I got the glass off ok and the new one is on but now i have no reponse from touching the screen. The phone worked perfectly before I took off the glass, and i did notice that the iphone was not off but locked when i was taking off the glass. I bought the phone from ebay and its a 2G... is there any hope???????

2. iblastoff macrumors 6502

wow genius you opened up the phone without even turning it off?

3. threezero macrumors 6502

lol i think you are the first one to attempt fixes on electronics without turning it off. Please tell me this is a joke... poor iphone....

4. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I think you are screwed dude! You have to make sure electronics are off before you start working on them.

5. qwanza macrumors member

6. jimmyknowsbest macrumors newbie

Why does no one help him instead of insulting?
    It's a touch screen under the glass so make sure all parts are clean and make sure there contact between the glass and sensors.

Check the old screen see if anything is diffrent like the depth of the glass ect, many iphone parts are cheap chinese reps that arnt always suitable.

7. fords4life macrumors newbie

Hey i have a broken front glass but my screen still works. I am planning on replacing it with the $20 dollar replacement but ive been reading around and I was just wondering how you managed to break the bond between the glass and digitizer? I heard some people use a long blade and heat it up. about your screen not working, some people said theres quit working and once the chemicals you use dry up after a few days it might start working again. It also could have been the adhesive you used between the panel and digitizer. If you figure it out let me know and if i find anything else Ill post it. About leaving it on, don't feel bad ive definitely done worse.