Problem after updating Acrobat

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
I did an update to Adobe Acrobat (6.0.1) and now when I go to open the application I get this window saying:

The currently selected language resources are not supported by the current version of Adobe Acrobat. Please reselect the language in the International System Preferences Panel.
Well I went to the International section under System Preferences, but I have no idea what to do. Any ideas? :confused:

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
The most current version of Acrobat Reader is 7.0.7. Are you on an old Mac or something? Or just use Preview for PDF's, I just made the switch (to Preview) and it's harmless.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
GimmeSlack12 said:
The most current version of Acrobat Reader is 7.0.7. Are you on an old Mac or something? Or just use Preview for PDF's, I just made the switch (to Preview) and it's harmless.
I have Adobe Acrobat Professional, not the (free) reader. Sorry for the confusion. I was just updating some apps today and decided to update that one as well and then this happens :( I don't need it at this time, but would like for the app to open. Hopefully I don't have to reinstall it from the CD to go back to 6.0.

oh btw, running a Power Mac G5. Not that old, but maybe a little old when compared to the Mac Pros ;)

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Problems reinstalling app

I've tried reinstalling Acrobat via the install CD. Now I get this error message saying:

An error occurred that prevented the installing from completing.

File not found: Acrobat 6
I really regret doing that update now. If I could just rollback to 6.0 that would be great. Didn't think I would run into so many problems trying to reinstall it. I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas? :confused: :(

nolaarchitect

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2008
Problem after updating Acrobat

tech4All, I am having the same problem. I updated Acrobat to 6.0.1 on my one month old Macbook Pro with Leopard. I have tried making changes to the language preferences in the International Systems preferences, but to no avail. I'd love to hear the fix for this.

Bellabie

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2010
tech4All, I am having the same problem. I updated Acrobat to 6.0.1 on my one month old Macbook Pro with Leopard. I have tried making changes to the language preferences in the International Systems preferences, but to no avail. I'd love to hear the fix for this.
I've had the same issue. Please help!
(Yes, Preview is there, luckily, but I should hate to waste space on something purposeless...)
b